3.3.10

Todays Outfit

            To celebrate the early arrival of spring for my hometown I decided to wear my absolute favorite pants, a pair of 1930's extreme high-rise pants.

            These are hands-down one of the coolest pair of trousers I own. These are a pair of 1930's or 40's high-rise trousers, i'm guessing they were custom made swing slacks. Everything about these slacks are fantastic, from the construction to the fabric. The cut is amazing, the front of the pants comes up to the bottom of my ribcage and the fishtail back (named due to the shape the notch creates) comes to almost the base of my shoulder blades. While people might think pants that high have got to be uncomfortable, they are actually way more comfortable than hip rise pants because there is no pressure around you're body, they are held up by the way the fabric cut hugs your waist while the suspenders keep the majority of the weight off your hips. The buttons for the braces (suspenders) are on the outside of the waistline, but one button on the front is on the inside as a clasp on the front would have interfered with its position, rather ingenious in my opinion.
 
            Now this picture is not the most flattering, the angle and shadows show a very inaccurate view of how the pants hang, and it doesn't help with my hands in my pockets. However, this photo does show the fishtail back really well. Unfortunately you can't see in the first photo, but I wore the tie that I discussed a couple posts back. 
            Along with the pants I wore braces, a vintage detachable collar, a 1920's J.C. Penney "Solar Straw" Boater, and these badass shoes. I bought these spectator shoes off of eBay a couple years back, I can't remember how much exactly these cost but i'm guessing $100-150 range. I'm not sure when these are from either, i'm guessing 40's or 50's but it's hard to pinpoint, they are a tad big on me but not to an uncomfortable degree. These shoes are absolutely perfect for spring and summer due to the leather mesh that makes up the white portion of the shoe. As well, these shoes are actually blue and white, not black as it may appear in the photo. They are a dark navy blue that really shines through in the sun. On a sunny day with a light breeze the wind travels right through the mesh and can be really soothing on a hot day. So get out and enjoy the sun when you have the chance, and search for other cooler possiblities that look good, instead of resorting to shorts and a t-shirt, and dare I say it... flip-flops DUN DUN DUUUUUN! While t-shirts and shorts are not my first choice, they do have a place and a time, kicking it in the summer, that's where, not every day of the year for goodness sakes!

Cheers,
Mr.Speakeasy

No comments:

Post a Comment